Sunday, March 20, 2011

### 5 Months in Numbers ###

# of months on the road : 5
# of countries traveled: 9
# of hostels slept: 33
# of cities and villages seen: 64
# of buses ridden: 39
# of hours on said buses: 224 (approximately 1/10 of  
   total travel time)
# of dollars spent: 3,300
# of times transported in the back of a pick-up: 6
# of host families: 5
# of llamas eaten: 1
# of days spent living off crackers or ham/cheese
   sandwiches: 21
# hammocks swung in: 14
# of fights with my travel companion: 1
# of fights resolved by pretty fireworks: 1
# of times I've felt homesick: 3
# of times I've been sick (103 fever or more): 3
# of times I (or Megan Rae) convinced myself I  had a deadly disease: 4
            * rabies: 1
            *typhoid: 1
            *malaria:1
            *giardia: 1
# of times Bech has taken me to the hospital for afore mentioned deathscares: 2
# of times I've actually had any type of disease: 0
# of girls who were nice to us: 13
# of girls who I wanted to throw my show at: 537
# of boys who were nice to us: 537
# of boys who I wanted to throw my shoe at: 13
Number of times I'v been completely overwhelmed:
            * by people : 7
            * by poverty: 13
            * by fear: 4
            * by beauty: 33
            * by happiness: At least once a day (152 +++)

Here's to another 2 months of living with our lives on our backs....









No comments:

Post a Comment